Nothing says summertime like the kids hosting a lemonade stand! It’s also the perfect accompaniment to a backyard BBQ or children’s birthday party. This delicious lemonade concentrate mixes in just minutes, so you can get back to the fun.
Not for you? See all my free recipes!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I make a small commission if you decide to purchase something through that link. This has no cost to you, and in some cases may give you a discount off the regular price. If you do make a purchase, thank you for supporting my blog! I only recommend products and services that I truly believe in, and all opinions expressed are my own. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my disclaimers for more information.
Why Make your own Lemonade?
With the only two ingredients (other than water) being bottled lemon juice and white sugar, the cost of homemade summertime lemonade is just pennies a glass!
Making lemonade yourself means you know what is in it – just lemon and sugar.
Check out the following ingredient list from a well-known bottled lemonade!
- high fructose corn syrup
- lemon juice from concentrate
- natural flavors
- citric acid
- modified cornstarch
- gycerol ester of rosin
- sodium benzoate
- potassium sorbate
- calcium disodium edta
- yellow #5
- This product includes ingredients sourced from genetically engineered (GE) crops, commonly known as GMOs.
That’s a long and scary list! Let’s face it, if you don’t know what an ingredient is, or know what it’s doing in a product, do you really want to drink it?
Summertime Lemonade Recipe
- 1½ cups lemon juice, bottled
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 5 cups cold water
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced (optional)
- Bring sugar and water to a boil, until sugar dissolves. Alternatively, boil water in a kettle and pour over sugar in a glass measuring cup, stirring to dissolve.
- Add lemon juice. Stir.
- Add cold water.
- Add thinly sliced lemon, if desired.
- This recipe makes a Lemonade Concentrate. Fill a glass about ¼ with concentrate and ¾ with cold water and ice. Or pour the concentrate into a large pitcher and add 8 litres (8 quarts) of water and ice, to taste.Turn it into a sparkling beverage by using water from your Soda Stream or other soda water instead of tap water! (Don't carbonate the lemonade directly. Make Soda Stream in the usual way and pour carbonated water into your glass of lemonade concentrate.)
The perfect drink for a family backyard BBQ party!
Read all my free recipes for more money saving and delicious ideas!
Let me know in the comments if you’ve tried it!